“Which book should I read about Capture One?” – this is one of the most common questions asked by my readers.
The problem was that until recently I had nothing to recommend or suggest.
Capture One is one of the most popular professional RAW-converters on the market, but for some reason, there are no books about it.
Sure, we have official “Capture One quick start guide” from Phase One, which quite nicely describes all the tools. Unfortunately, if you would try to read it like a real book, you will be flooded with boredom, that each technical guide delivers.
Besides, it doesn’t show the overall picture, how Capture One works. It’s really important to learn not only about the tools but to find out how to implement them in your workflow.
That’s why I was so happy to receive a review copy of the new book “Capture One Pro 9: Mastering Raw Development, Image Processing, and Asset Management” written by Sascha Erni and published by Rocky Nook.
It’s a well structured, well illustrated and well explained guide to learn how Capture One works. Starting from image organizing features, the book goes step-by-step through all the working tools, it will lead you to the final result – a well-processed image.
In 15 chapters “Capture One Pro 9: Mastering Raw Development…” discovers each Capture One’s tool tab and places it in a general workflow pipeline. During the reading, you will also get a mass of helpful tips, hardware recommendations and important, well explained basic concepts.
I really enjoy Sascha Erni’s writing style – he unravels quite complicated matters with easy to comprehend language.
On the other hand – you shouldn’t expect, the book to teach you how to edit images. Capture One is just a tool for a photographer, like a camera or a lens, and “Capture One Pro 9: Mastering Raw Development…” provides a great and detailed, 280 page manual for that tool.
It is knowledge, which you will use as a base to further your professional development.
That’s why I highly recommend that book to almost every Capture One user. If you’ve just started working with Capture One – you’ll find a great deal of useful information. If you’re already familiar with it – it’s important to make sure you didn’t miss anything from the beginning.
With Rocky Nook’s permission, we’re publishing four sample articles from the book:
There are also special discounts for all the CaptureOneBlog readers:
1. 40% discount for the eBook version of “Capture One Pro 9: Mastering Raw Development, Image Processing, and Asset Management”
How to get the discount?
1) At Rocky Nook on-line store click “Add to cart” to purchase an eBook version of the book.
2) On the Check Out page enter this special coupon code: CAPTUREONE40, select “Apply Coupon” and you will immediately gain a 40% discount.
2. 35% discount for only Print Book or eBook and Print Bundle. Available in March.
How to get the discount?
1) At Rocky Nook on-line store click “Add to cart” to purchase Print Book or Print and eBook Bundle.
2) On the Check Out page enter this special coupon code: C1BLOG, select “Apply Coupon” and you will immediately gain a 35% discount.
Save 10% on Capture One 10
For all the readers of CaptureOneBlog a 10% discount for Capture One Pro 10 license is now available.
It works equally well for a full version of Capture One Pro 10 or an upgrade.
How it works?
1) At Phase One on-line store click “Add to cart” to purchase Capture One Pro 10.
2) At Check Out page enter this special code AMBC1BLOG, select “USE VOUCHER” and you will immediately gain 10% discount.